Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 2

I took a deep breath, mounted the red light on the back of my bike and took it for the ride.
for the first time ever :)

To those who did not know - i never had a bike before, i barely ever tried to ride it. In the childhood my bike usually was more like... (hmm) something that's rest of it. :D I was the 4th youngest, what kinda a bike are you talking about :D probably not the working one :D

So i put the helm, took a bike and went out. temperature was about -7 degrees by Celsius, a lots of ice, some snow. The most perfect time to learn how to ride a bicycle :D

I tried do my first pedaling in the yard/court (a lot of apartment houses around, how do you call it?!)
I was pretty surprised that i'm not that bad on it. Well of cause, it did look pretty awful and low level, and pretty stupid too, but that did not matter - I DID NOT FALL! That's something for the first time ride :D

I did even talk to one old lady about her memories of childhood how she did brake her dads bicycle.

In total i ride 5 km , with average speed 7-10 km/h max speed 21 km/h (<- scary :p for me atleast ;) ) practiced how to use a brakes, how to make a nice turns, tried to ride my bike not only on the road, but also on off-roads. almost fell, cause made a right turn on a mirror like ice :D , than almost slided under the car - ok ok that was T-type crossroads, car was pretty far, did drive slow, noticed me, and i tried to get off the road as quick as i could :D after the ride i took a nap, when i woke up my butt hurt and so did my arms :D my lovely Yama-biko is very heavy :) /Yama-biko is a japanese a creature that creates echo/ As far as it concerns me - Yama means mountain, biko sound like bike :D Fits her perfectly ;) /my friends told me to give her name :) the routes where i ride her was somewhere about here ->

View Larger Map

No comments: